Hong Kong Tourism Board - Innovation in Annual Reports
Name of Organization / Company: Hong Kong Tourism Board
Category: F01 - F07 - Award for Innovation in Publications > F01. Award for Innovation in Annual Reports
Entry Title: Hong Kong Tourism Board Annual Report 2016/17 – We Make the Difference
The annual report is an important annual corporate publication the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) communicates its promotional strategies, exciting initiatives and information of interest and importance to the Hong Kong public, our working partners and stakeholders worldwide. It also serves the purposes of maintaining high standard of corporate governance practices and enhancing the transparency of our operational and financial activities.
Themed “We Make the Difference”, this annual report presents the HKTB’s new initiatives and creative ideas to showcase the diverse tourism appeal of Hong Kong in order to differentiate Hong Kong from our rival destinations and uphold its position as a preferred destination for visitors worldwide.
Strategy, Creativity & Implementation:
- Featured auto-play time-lapse videos from the award-winning director Francis So to showcase the stunning cityscape and nature scenery in Hong Kong.
- Created concise contents to make the annual report more reader-friendly.
- Selected interesting photos and videos to illustrate the promotional strategies in a lively way.
- Built in tools to encourage sharing of the annual report via email, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Weibo
- Adopted responsive web design function to make the mini-site fully optimized for desktops, tablets and smartphones, providing audience an optimal viewing experience.
- All the contents including the audited accounts are available in PDF version for audience to download with a simple click.
- Highly appreciated by the Government and other stakeholders regarding the comprehensive contents covered, readerfriendliness and stylish design.
- Effectively maximized the reach to our target audience worldwide in an environmentally-friendly way.