2016 Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards Gold Winner – Telkom Indonesia Services
Company: Telkom Indonesia, Makassar, Indonesia
Category: Award for Innovation in Business-to-Business Services
Entry Title: Telkom Services Supports to the Success of BPJS Ketenagakerjaan Transformation
The Government of Indonesia has implemented a new National Social Security System that radically changed the social protection system. The system covers all Indonesians, including formal and informal sector workers. The Government mandates establishment of Workers’ Social Security Agency, (referred as BPJS Ketenagakerjaan) by transforming current administrators, PT Jamsostek a state owned enterprise to public legal entity. BPJS Ketenagakerjaan will administer employment benefits including old-age, pension, workplace accident and death benefits.
Transforming PT Jamsostek into BPJS Ketenagakerjaan is a major task, significant changes in IT system will be needed to manage nationwide programs covering thousands of employers and millions of both formal and informal sector workers. Therefore, BPJS Ketenagakerjaan intended to improve IT infrastructure: to support business development, expand distribution network, accelerate working process, and support management with timely and accurate information management system.
Realizing the need of BPJS Ketenagakerjaan in IT infrastructure, Telkom Indonesia (Telkom) has developed services based on the sixth pillar of BPJS Ketenagakerjaan’s Strategic transformation to implement operational and service excellence:
1. Implement database updated with nationals data; ISO 20000-1 certification; Data Center (DC), Disaster Recovery Center (DRC), Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP). Revenue generated from this project was USD 6.5 million.
2. VPN IP and Metro-E project that supported branch office / service outlet expansion from 123 outlets to 500 outlets throughout Indonesia, generated revenue for Telkom about USD 1.1 million per month.
3. Multimedia Briefing Center development, equipped with digital dashboard used for management command center. Revenue gained from this project was USD 77 thousand.
4. Video Conference on premises, used for internal meeting and coordination. This project generated revenue around USD 262 thousand.
5. SMS Gateway service, used for dispatching information to all members of BPJS Ketenagakerjaan, contributed USD 82 thousand revenue.
6. Membership application to support e-Service, such as: e-Registration, e-Claim, electronic payment system. Telkom has expanded CRM application, and developed Employment Social Security Information System. E- Registration system is available in Android and IOS platform, can be accessed by all member of BPJS Ketenagakerjaan.
In the near future, Telkom and BPJS Ketenagakerjaan plan to develop projects as follows:
1. IT Infrastructure Project, will start in 2nd semester 2016, with contract value that is estimated around USD 9.2 million
2. IT managed service, improve IT Command Center facility into IT Service Management (ITSM) for alert system, network management and IT asset management. This project is worth USD 770 thousand.
3. Smart card membership development, used for ID card, balance check via ATM, discount card, and toll payment
Both BPJS Ketenagakerjaan and Telkom gained significant benefit from the project. For Telkom, this cooperation has supported one of the most important government programs that is aimed to improve services to the labor industry in Indonesia. Financially, the services delivered to BPJS Ketenagakerjaan had radical impact to Telekom’s revenue which was an increase of 224.6 % with amount around USD 6.5 million in 2015 compare to 2014’s revenue. More projects in 2016 that are worth more than USD 10 million have been prepared.
Benefit for BPJS Ketenagakerjaan, the projects has improved its capability to begin full operations in protecting rights of employees and capture millions more of workers unprotected under the mandatory of universal pension program. The number of active members grew from 15 million workers in 2014 to 19.2 million workers in January 2016.