2016 Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards Gold Winner – Locomote
Company: Locomote, St Kilda, Australia
Category: Award for the Innovation in Technology Development > All Other Industries
Entry Title: Locomote
Locomote is a Travel Platform for Corporations who want more control of their own end to end travel program and costs, tailored to their needs, allowing their employees to make their own, in- policy bookings, direct on their mobile or desktop devices. Locomote allows configurable workflows and policies on flight, hotel and car options, which are easily tailored to the specific requirements of the Corporation.
Locomote provides, a new travel platform solution that empowers managers manage their end to end travel program and reduce the total cost of their program through a travel platform with a variety of applications including; profile management, requests, authorisation, online and offline bookings, duty of care, Visa management, data capturing, budgets, expenses,etc.
Locomote’s key point of difference in its product design is its unique flexibility and mobile capability that allows travellers to make their own bookings at any-time, on any device,anywhere in the world — making the process more convenient and efficient.
To provide the best experience, Locomote integrates the widest variety of travel content and data — from risk data, visa and health advisory, total trip expense estimations, tax requirements, scheduled and private air fares, low-cost carrier content, rail content, chain & small boutique hotels and apartments, car rental and more. A vast array of business logic and workflows are integrated to ensure that travellers can make in-policy bookings quickly and easily on devices of their choice.
Locomote customers benefit from its unique online and mobile content including the ability to compare airline products and attributes, which Locomote takes from its majority shareholder Travelport, a leading Travel Commerce Platform that aggregates content from the world’s leading travel providers.
Over the past 18 months, Locomote has continued to innovate and invest heavily in R & D and strategic partnerships to develop market leading products. Since July 2014, we have rolled out the following integrations:
● Travelport - Locomote is fully integrated into the Travelport Universal API, providing a single point of access to airlines, car rental companies and hotel properties worldwide. Travelport’s Travel Commerce Platform gives our corporate customers and their travellers far more choice than we could otherwise offer them. The integration with uAPI allows our corporate travellers to access Travelport’s vast content in an automated and mobile experience, providing total online/offline parity.
● Global Expense Management Platforms - the integration with global expense management platforms empowers businesses to have complete control and visibility of their employee travel spend, imports all transactions into their accounting package, and automatically creates a report based on itinerary dates and incurred expenses.
● Allianz Global Assistance - Locomote has partnered with Allianz to integrate its insurance services into the corporate travel platform, allowing companies to choose Allianz travel insurance and ancillary products, ensuring employees are covered when travelling.
Locomote user experience is as important as the seamless integrations in place. Ensuring simplicity is at the heart of design decision allows us to create a highly usable and intuitive platform.
Collaboration between our users, designers and developers. Focusing on features that solve real business problems and deliver exceptional customer service. Over the last 18 months we have solved real business challenges for our customers including:
● World Vision - moved to Locomote when an internal audit highlighted safety issues with the existing travel system. Locomote helped them move from a fragmented travel booking system and reduced the company's entire annual travel spend by up to 30%. WorldVision leverages Locomote to enhance its duty of care, reduce approval times and provide cost and operational efficiencies.
● eNett - a global provider of travel payment solutions for the travel industry, implemented Locomote to reduce travel approval time, control travel budgets and restricting out of policy travel.