2016 Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards Gold Winner - PT Petrokimia Gresik
Company: PT Petrokimia Gresik, Gresik, Indonesia
Category: Award for Innovative Management in Manufacturing Industries
Entry Title: President Director of PT Petrokimia Gresik: Ir. Hidayat Nyakman, MSIE, MA
Hidayat Nyakman served as the President Director of PT Petrokimia Gresik (PG) in 2010-2015. In 2013 he became the Winner of Surabaya Marketeers Champions in the Indonesia Marketeers Festival 2013. Under his leadership, PT Petrokimia Gresik thrived to become the biggest and most innovative fertilizer and chemical manufacturer in Indonesia, and gained a lot of achievements.
Achievement in Organizational Management and Leadership Development:
1. “Good Company” Predicate in Indonesia Social Responsibility Awards 2014;
2. Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise in 2014 Indonesian MAKE Study;
3. PWI Jatim Award 2014 for Dedication in Regional and National Level of Food Security by the Indonesian Journalist Association;
4. “Trusted Company” Predicate in Corporate Governance Perception Index Awards 2014 and 2015;
5. “Emerging Industry Leader” Predicate from KPKU Baldrige-based criteria;
6. GCG Assessment Score reached 91.86 (”Very Good”) in 2015, increased from 82.67 (“Good”) in 2014;
7. Key Performance Indicator Score in 2014 reached 100.39% (“Success”);
8. AAA Category of Company’s Soundness level in 2014 with total score 98.00;
9. Consistently remain as the biggest fertilizer manufacturer in South East Asia (independent comparison).
The Promotion of Innovation Practices:
Employees of PG have the opportunity to form Innovation Task Forces (ITFs) and participate in the Annual PG Innovation Convention. In 2015, the number of ITF participation increased from 749 ITFs in 2014 to 820 ITFs due to the enormous support from the management of PG and resulted in Rp. 30.67 billion of efficiency. Winners of the Convention had the honor to represent PG in National and International Conventions achieved the following awards:
1. Second Runner Up from ASEAN Energy Award 2013;
2. Adhi Cipta Rekayasa (Engineering Design) Award from the Institution of Engineers Indonesia; 3. First Winner in the category of Energy Management in Industry and Building Structure from the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources;
4. ASEAN Outstanding Engineering Achievement Award in the 33rd Conference of ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organisations 2015 in Malaysia;
5. 3 Platinum Awards and 1 Gold Award from the National Quality & Productivity Conference (TKMPN) XVIII 2014;
6. 3 Three Stars Awards from the Asia Pacific Quality Conference (APQC) XX 2014;
7. 3 Platinum Awards and 3 Gold Awards from the National Quality & Productivity Conference (TKMPN) XIX 2015.
Over the last year, PG and subsidiaries launched product innovation such as Petro Biofeed, Petro Hi-Corn, Petrochick, Petro CAS, NPK Cassava, Petroganik Premium, Fitrice, and Kayabas 555 SC Herbicide.
Effort and Award in Brand Leadership:
1. Obtaining Food Safety System Certification 22000 from PT Lloyd’s Register Indonesia and Kosher Certifications from Majelis Ulama Indonesia;
2. Gold Trophy (Chemicals and Miscellaneous product) from the National Standardization Agency of Indonesia in SNI Award 2015;
3. Demonstration Plot, Sales Supervisor, and SMS Broadcast;
4. Sahabat Petani Tabloid free for customers and stakeholders;
5. The first Bio Center Plant Unit in Indonesia.
PG still holds 100% market shares of ZA and SP-36 fertilizer in Indonesia.
Achievements in Financial Management:
1. idAA Rating by PEFINDO which indicate that PG has a strong ability to fulfill its long term financial commitment;
2. Best Corporate Trade Finance Deal in Indonesia in the Asian Banker Leadership Achievement Awards 2015 in Hong Kong;
3. 2014 Role Model Tax Payer from the Gresik Regent;
4. 35.01% of efficiency in Finance Cost and 24.69% growth rate of Cash Flows from Operating Activities in 2014.
Hiring & Employee Development:
LOLAPIL program provides training and skill development for surrounding community of PG and also a chance to be recruited by the company. PG also opens opportunity for employees to receive corporate scholarship to study abroad. There were 6 employees awarded the scholarship in 2014 to study in Canada, UK, China, and Philippines. On December 2015, PG received the Education Care Award from the Ministry of Education & Culture.